Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wordless Wednesday - Hello 1st Grade

Today was Owen's first day of 1st Grade....and he was so excited!!  I actually was a bit more excited than upset/worried this year verses last year.  I knew he had friends in his class and on his bus and he knew more of what to expect.

 
He could barely eat breakfast he wanted to hurry up and get to the bus stop to see his friends.  Poor guy hadn't really seen any of them all summer since we both work and my parents watch the kids over at their house.  It was all I could do to snap a few pictures!
 

Little did I know that his little sister was slowly approaching to photo bomb....see if you can see her progression in these pictures...(she was excited for O's first day too!)

 
 

Then O got surprised, both his PaPa and his PawPaw came to see him on the bus the first day (poor thing, tomorrow may be a bit boring with just one parent there!)



Notice that Miss Priss had to be in the picture too!

Okay...one last picture before we had to go to the bus stop...promise!


Once he got to the bus stop, we were old news....I'm not sure he even spoke to us again other than bye!  They had to compare wiggly teeth

 

Finally reunited with his bus BFF who is now a second grader!


 Our bus was a bit later than normal (which I'm sure was due to the 435454 extra parents on the first day) but she arrived and the kids lined up!


We have the same bus driver as last year, who we love....and 3 Owen's at O's bus stop - and all 3 are in First Grade - and 1 is born one day after my O! : )


We met Owen's teacher last week and I really like her.  She's young which O will be all about.  Here is his desk -


His teacher had a wish list for us to pick a few things to donate - I let O pick what he wanted to get - here are his picks!!


And this is just him being his silly old self!  Oh, and check out his shirt! ; )



And because we did this last year:

Favorite TV Show - Wipeout, Dr. Oz, & Ellen (he's been with my parents too long)
Favorite Movie - Polar Express 
Favorite Color - Every color
Favorite Food - Pizza, Subway, McDonalds
Favorite Candy - Twizzlers....chocolate cookies
Favorite Toy - Train set
Favorite Activity - Playing with the Wii U
Favorite Sport - Basketball

Favorite Superhero - Papa
Favorite Shoes - the ones that I'm wearing right now, the blue & yellow (Adidas)
When I grow up I want to be - Boy Scout Teacher Height - 48"
Weight -
  51 lbs



3 comments:

Abelle | The Wows! And Oops! Of Life said...

And the photobomb made me laugh so hard ;o)

TaMara Sloan said...

I hope Owen had a great 1st day! And what a cute little photo bomber. :) Thanks for linking up at Tales of a Pee Dee Mama!

OrangeHeroMama said...

Awww! Looks like a great first day!

http://www.homeofohm.com/2013/09/wordlesswednesday-back-to-school-linky.html