Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Donuts!

Owen was a bit restless the other day....so we decided to make donuts.  He really wanted to go to the donut store, and well, neither Troy nor I wanted to go....so we compromised, and made some at home.  My aunt got me a donut maker for Christmas, so this was the perfect time to try it out.

Believe it or not, I had ALL the ingredients to make the basic donut.  I even had the stuff to make chocolate icing & sprinkles!!  Owen was soooooo excited...he couldn't even sit still.  O added everything & mixed.  The only thing I did was pour the batter, and retreive the donuts.


He was so proud of himself, and reward himself w/a donut (or two, or three).  We never made the icing, but the donuts were good enough without it.


O is really great in the kitchen w/cooking and baking, he just might take after his Uncle Jamy after all!!

2 comments:

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

I think I know what to get for my 3yr old son for x-mas he would love this, he's a donut fiend! I'm not a donut fan, so they would be tempt-less to me, that's the type of treat I need to have around :)

Unknown said...

It's perfect, these were made in about 10-15 minutes, from mixing to baking to eating! And they are small, so it's okay to have a few!