Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Day


We typically have a crazy but fun Memorial Day weekend every year.  Normally it involves Owen and I running to the pool on Saturday morning, followed by a cookout with friends on Saturday.  Sunday we head to church and then to either a family cookout, or something fun w/just us and the kids.  Monday is another pool day, followed by more fun surrounding food!

This year we were excited to not have as many things planned, and everything was on Saturday...so we had Sunday and Monday to just hang out as a family (and hopefully the pool).  Saturday, we were supposed to have O's first t-ball game, followed by a cookout w/friends, then Troy and I were headed to a wedding...and a fun date night.  Even though Saturday was crazy, I was super excited....

Well, things didn't go as planned...at all!  Troy came home early from work on Friday not feeling well.  And for those of you who don't know Troy.....he doesn't get sick....and he doesn't leave work....so you know he's sick sick when he comes home and goes straight to bed.

We did make it to O's t-ball game....and Troy toughed it out since he didn't want to miss it.....but that was about all he had in him.  We came home, and I finalized everything for the cookout while he took a nap....then, it hit me.  I started feeling HORRIBLE.

Thank goodness for my parents, I called them to see if they would come pick up the kids, which of course they did, and then I ran the food to the cookout and came back home to lie down.

Troy and I decided at 4pm that we would try to sit through the wedding...you know, the one that started at 6, (neither of us had even showered yet) and then come home and skip the reception.  So we showered dressed, drove, and sat....and then came back home and crashed.  The kids stayed at my parents house since they were scheduled to spend the night due to the wedding.

Sunday I woke up better...or so I thought, and Troy still struggled.  Even though I felt bad, I missed my babies, so I picked them up and came home.  We did NOTHING all day!

Monday Troy was better, just weak....then I got sick sick and laid in bed the rest of the day.

Then of course on Tuesday...when it's time to go back to work....we were better!  So we lost the whole weekend of fun!

So hopefully everyone else's Memorial Day weekend was better than ours!  And to those who have served, are serving, or will serve in the future....thank you for all that you do, I know I truly appreciate it.

No comments: