Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bargains and Coupons

Watch out...once you start...you become obsessed and can't stop.  I started doing my "deals" at CVS...Troy always called it my CVS cult...first he hated it, then when he'd see me leave CVS w/3-4 bags worth of items, and they pay me to leave...he was okay with it. 

Now don't get me wrong...Troy still hates that I look up deals & coupons online, save the coupons (which end up on the kitchen table), but he does love the free razors and deals that I get.  It's soo cute to hear him brag about my deals and steals.

I've slowed down a bit since being pregnant w/Brynnleigh, and having her.  It's just not as easy to do things with two kids, and with it as cold as it is, I don't want to keep dragging them in and out of the car.

Well today I decided to try a scenario at Rite Aid...and it worked.  Everything I got was things that we use...or will need to use/want to use...so I didn't feel like I was wasting our time or money.

Here's what I got:
10 Nivea lip products (chapstick)
1 Jumbo pack of Pampers diapers (size 3...since I've go soo many 1s and 2s already)
1 Gillette Fusion Razor holiday pack (razor, shave gel, extra cartridges, and something else)

And I paid $5.79 for all of that....plus they gave me a $6.00 coupon (Up reward) to use next time...so essentially...it was all free!!

This was at Rite Aid....I've been able to do this at CVS, Walgreens, & Kroger in the past.  I tend to stick w/one store at a time...I'm not talented enough to do the deals everywhere...but maybe one day!!

There are lots of websites out there to help you get the most bang for your buck....and trust me...they totally help me w/my deals!!

I don't think I've paid more than $4.00 for a pack of diapers for Brynnleigh!!

So I may look like an old lady w/my coupon organizer, or may be dorky for clipping coupons...but I'll be able to get face lifts or buy new friends with all the money I'm saving!!