Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dear Owen...

Dear Owen,

In just a few short hours you will be jumping out of bed for your first day of school.  We have packed your bag, and set up your lunch....and believe it or not, I've checked them all about 6 times!  I so wish I could just be a fly on the wall and watch your first day.

I have a ton of emotions shooting through me right now.  I am excited for your new adventure, yet I can't believe that this time has come.  I swear just yesterday you were learning how to walk and talk!  I know you will love school and all the friends you will make.  You have been talking about this day for at least a year now.  You cannot wait to go to "5 year old" school and ride the real school bus!

I have enjoyed all of our adventures so far and I cannot wait for our new adventures to start!

Owen, you are the most kind hearted person I know.  I don't know many 5 year old boys who will stop mid bite of their last bite of pretzel and give their sister 1/2 when she starts asking for a pretzel.  You also have more spunk and determination than anyone I know.  If there is something that you want, you will find a way to get it....you'll come up with a "plan" no matter what!  You also have patience, even when you don't want to admit that you do!  You will sit and mix and match train pieces for hours to make sure the track is just right.  You also have such a strong desire to learn, which will take you far.

I cannot wait (well actually I can wait) to see what this year will bring us.  You will learn so much, educationally, socially, and just basic street smarts.  You very well could meet your life long friends as well!

I hope your first day of Kindergarten is everything you have wished it to be!

I'll end with my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes...


""You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go."



"You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!"

Love,
Mommy




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awww...this made me tear up a little. And that Dr. Seuss quote gets me everytime. My high school math teacher read us the book on our last day of class. This also reminded me how not ready I am for my oldest daughter's first day of school. It's still 2 years away, but I'm not ready! I hope it went well!