Monday, September 24, 2012

Jennifleurs Spotlight


Remember JenniFLeurs?  Yes, that is where the kids got their super cool super hero capes!  Make sure to read my review HERE.



Lets find out more about Jennifer from JenniFLeurs shall we...


1) So tell us a little bit about your self..

I am a stay at home mom, with one five year old daughter. She is very loved by my husband and I, as you can imagine :)


I graduated Arizona State University with a degree in Family Studies. Although I have never "professionally" used my degree, it seems as if everyday my education takes purpose in my life. I love volunteering in my daughter's school, cooking, being outdoors, etc. and I am extremely crafty and creative!


2) Can you tell us more about JenniFLeurs and how it got started?

The shop name Jennifleurs came from my Aunt Jac, which she endearingly nicknamed me, and it stuck. My ETSY shop began by the prompting of a few moms at my daughter's preschool. I had just taken up sewing, and decided to try making a few new capes for the kids dress up section at school. They were such a hit at school, that one of my friends suggested I put them up on ETSY...and here we are! I had no idea that they would sell. They were truly one of the first things I ever made. I always joke with my husband, that if I ever try sewing something new, I may just hit the jackpot!

3) What is your favorite item and why?

My favorite items are the custom orders. I have made matching capes for a family of four boys that were helping their mother battle breast cancer. I have made capes for two extremely premature twins, that I later learned were called their "prayer" capes. The parents would bring the capes in the NICU with them...and both twins made it home and are progressing everyday.


I love hearing the individual stories...whether it is a child's obsession with semi-trucks or a big brother welcoming his new baby sister....that is what has made this experience so rewarding.


4) How can I order?

You can order through my ETSY shop by visiting www.etsy.com/shop/jennifleurs. I have many appliques listed, but always accommodate new ideas and requests.


ETSY takes credit cards, debit cards and Paypal.

I look forward to working with you!!



Love what you see? Then make sure to enter the Keeping Kids Creative Blog Hop Giveaway Event where you can enter to win a custom super hero cape!

No comments: